LEMONY CHICKEN & BABY MARROW PASTA
With its buttery, creamy sauce and a zing of lemon zest, this easy family dish has a delicate, fresh flavour and is easy to make using skinless chicken breasts and baby marrows.
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Serves: 4 - 6
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 8 baby marrows (about 450 g), sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 deboned, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream
- the finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1½ tsp (7.5 ml) cornflour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped curly parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan, for topping
- For the pasta:
- 500 g Pasta Grandé Spaghetti
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 litres water
- Heat the butter in a pan and gently fry the baby marrows for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute, without letting it brown.
- Add the sliced chicken, wine and thyme and simmer, uncovered, over a medium-low heat until the chicken is almost cooked through, and the liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in the cream and lemon zest and simmer for two more minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the cornflour with 1 Tbsp water until smooth, then add this to the pan, stirring constantly as the sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Bring the water and salt to a fast boil in a large pot. Add all the pasta in one go and stir to separate the strands. Briefly cover the pot with a lid until the water comes back to a rapid boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring now and then, for 6-8 minutes, or until just tender (al dente).
- Drain the pasta in a big colander and immediately tip it back into its cooking pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss well to combine.
- Transfer to a serving platter and scatter with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan. Serve hot, with salad and garlic bread.
- Don’t cook the chicken slices for too long, or they will toughen in the pan.
- To save time, use mini chicken fillet strips instead of whole chicken breasts.
- Other Pasta Grandé shapes you can use in this recipe: Penne, Screws and Gnocchi.
Lemony Chicken & Baby Marrow Pasta
Other Pasta Grandé shapes you can use in this recipe: Penne, Elbows, Screws and Gnocchi